Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lyons Update

Birth Certificate
  • Michael Joseph Lyons (1884-1891)
Marriage Certificate
  • Michael Lyons & Anne Monahan, 3 February 1867, Manhattan, New York
Death Certificate
  • William Henry Lyons (1869-1941)

My Thoughts...

The marriage certificate proves Michael was married before he married Helen (Ellen) Blanchard.  I think it is safe to assume William Henry Lyons, John J Lyons, and Annie Lyons were Michael and Anne's children.  William P Lyons was most likely not their child; however he was connected to the Lyons family.

This information also suggests Daniel Joseph Lyons was not Michael and Anne's child.  At this point I do not know who is mother was.  There is a chance Daniel didn't know either, which is why he listed Ellen Blanchard as his mom on his World War I Draft Card.

Michael Joseph Lyons Birth Certificate
Michael Joseph Lyons' birth certificate is interesting.  I find it very strange that "in wedlock" was written on the certificate.  When I was in vital records I checked, but did not find another certificate with those words written on it.  It seems if nothing was written on a birth certificate, in wedlock was assumed.  So why did Michael and Ellen write "in wedlock"?  Is Michael Joseph's birth certifcate, Michael and Ellen's marriage certificate as well?

Michael Joseph's birth certificate states Ellen was from Nova Scotia, and the state of Maine.  Could Maine be how the family entered the United States?

Finally the birth certificate states Ellen was the mother of two children.  I would like to think the other child was Helen Lyons, but until I can find her birth record I don't think I can be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment