Sunday, April 18, 2010

Answers

I haven't been able to do much work this week, but I did get answers to two of the questions I had floating around cyberspace.

The first was an email to a cousin...
  • Do you know what the E means in the 1872/1873 Brooklyn Directory?
  • E Blanchard Edward, carpenter, 204 Freeman
Answer
  • E stands for Eastern District of Brooklyn, namely Williamsburg and Greenpoint
The second question was posted on a message board in May 2009...
  • I am looking for the birth/baptismal record of George Blanchard. I have a date of 26 February 1864. I am not sure if this is his birth or baptismal. I have been to the online baptismal index but it is not there. I was wondering how would I go about getting in touch with St. Simon St. Jude, Tignish. Or could anyone go to the parish and look up the record for me?
Answer
  • You could also call the Tignish parish house at (902) 882 2049. They have a staff person who answers requests for genealogical information. 
Thanks Suzanne and Ron for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment