Wednesday, April 7, 2010

6 Years, 11 Months, and 18 Days

How many times have you seen this on a death certificate?  When I first started genealogy I would ignore the months and days and just count backwards to an approximate year.  As my genealogy skills improved, I realized how horribly wrong that technique was.  Including the years, months, and days are extremely important and necessary.

Enter Tombstone Birthday Calculator.  You simply type in date of death, as well as the years, months, and days the person was when he or she died.  Hit compute, and the birthday appears.  It is that simple!  While the date is still approximate, and by no means considered absolute, I have found it to be the closest thing.  More importantly it is so much easier than anything I was doing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment