Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Three + One = Four

I have been searching for four baptismal records from Prince Edward Island.  Without civil records, baptismal records are the only way to establish birth, and links to parents.

I have no records for Elizabeth (abt 1846-1901) and George (abt 1864-1940).

I have two records for Stephen (abt 1861-1936); however I am not sure if either is correct.

That is three.  My fourth record is for a girl listed in the 1861 Canadian Census.  The 1861 Canadian Census isn't nominal; however it does list the ages of people in the household.  According to the census there should be a girl, aged 16-21.  Assuming this girl isn't a servant, and based on her age and where her immediate siblings were baptized, I should find her record  at St. John the Baptist.

So to figure all this out, I ordered microfilm from my local Family History Center.  I ordered two different films.  One from St. John Baptist and one from St. Simon and St. Jude.

No comments:

Post a Comment