Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daniel Blanchard

Daniel Blanchard was born 7 September 1847 to Stephen Blanchard and Catharine Ferris.  He was baptized Roman Catholic at St. Simon and St. Jude Church, Tignish, Prince Edward Island, 17 September 1847.  Daniel was living with his family in Tignish, Prince Edward Island in the 1861 Canadian Census.

These are the only facts that I have on Daniel.  I don't know if Daniel came to New York with Catharine, or stayed in Canada with Stephen and John.  I have searched the Prince Edward Island Public Archives and Records Office.  I have also searched New Brunswick Vital Records and Nova Scotia Vital Records.  The name Daniel Blanchard doesn't appear in any of these databases.

The clues I have to help me find Daniel are...

A Daniel Blanchard appears as a sponsor on a baptismal record from Tignish, Prince Edward Island, dated 5 December 1863.  The record is for a Stephen Blanchard whose parents are listed as Stephen Blanchard and Catharine Tennessy.  Unfortunately there is no way to tell if this is my Daniel.

The name Daniel does not appear in the Blanchard family.  Therefore I am assuming the name Daniel comes from the Ferris side.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment